Terms & Conditions
Date of Last Revision: May 14, 2018
Welcome to FundandImpact.
(www.fundandimpact.com). “ We are updating our Policy as of Augus 17 th , 2018”. Here are some of the changes you’ll see.
Welcome to FundandImpact FundandImpact is a subsidiary registered as a Limited Liability Company with business number LBE/2017/B/0174 with a share capital of 3,100,000 FCFA. FundandImpact is registered as an internet business, Crowdfunding and investment company and also acting as a business and financial advisor.
FundandImpact will serve as a business and financial advisor to its clients depending on the campaign type and service chosen by its users at any point. FundandImpact limited together with (Zion Capital and Zion Investments LLC, its Parent company, consultants, directors and employees) are an online Crowdfunding and investment solution that helps people with innovative and life transforming ideas, solutions, projects and tech innovations bring their projects to life. We are a public benefit corporation with our office in Buea offering as main services, Funding and Business development.
We will be updating these terms from time to time in the future and will inform you of such updates by email and notification in your FundandImpact Account.
FundandImpact is open to the general public, therefore you can browse our campaigns and services without creating an account. However to use our services on any capacity as listed below, you must own a users account and provide the information required you in achieving that procedure.
Every account holder must be 18 years old and above and in some cse we might require you to prove your age. Don’t impersonate anyone else or choose names that are offensive or that violate anyone’s rights. If you don’t follow these rules, we may cancel your account.
You’re responsible for all the activity on your account, and for keeping your password confidential.
Should you notice anyone has used your credential, or your information, write to our support at support. fundandimpcat.com, or call on the numbers available. Also you can write us on live support in case of emergencies.
FundandImpact is a platform that presents creative and innovative projects from
entrepreneurs from across Africa. Each project launched on FundandImpact creates an
atmosphere for investors and the public to form a contract with them.
FundandImpact is not part of this contract in anyway but acts as a conduit to bring these two parties together.To have a campaign running on FundandImpact at www.fundandimpact.com, the project owner provides the full information required by FundandImpact to create a campaign. Once a creator has done so, they’ve satisfied their obligation to their backers.
Throughout the process, creators owe their backers a high standard of effort, honest communication, and a dedication to bringing the project to life. At the same time, backers must understand that when they back a project, they’re helping to create something new — not ordering something that already exists.
If a creator is unable to complete their project and fulfill rewards, they’ve failed to live up to the basic obligations of this agreement. To right this, they must make every reasonable effort to find another way of bringing the project to the best possible conclusion for backers. A creator in this position has only remedied the situation and met their obligations to backers if: They post an update that explains what work has been done, how funds were used, and what prevents them from finishing the project as planned; They work diligently and in good faith to bring the project to the best possible conclusion in a timeframe that’s communicated to backers; They’re able to demonstrate that they’ve used funds appropriately and made every reasonable effort to complete the project as promised; They’ve been honest, and have made no material misrepresentations in their communication to backers; and
They offer to return any remaining funds to backers who have not received their reward (in proportion to the amounts pledged), or else explain how those funds will be used to complete the project in some alternate form. The creator is solely responsible for fulfilling the promises made in their project. If they’re unable to satisfy the terms of this agreement, they may be subject to legal action by backers.
You select and get full knowledge of the project before you invest Your are only charged on the number of shares you select to pay for We will bill your payment account only of the applied amount and charges as presented by our billing and charges fees
We do not save your billing information except those needed for security reasons like the last 4 digits of your credit card
You won’t be billed if the venture campaign does not reach at least 50% of its investment goals.
We do not guarantee results. Responsibility for finishing a project lies entirely with the project creator. FundandImpact doesn’t hold funds on creators’ behalf, cannot guarantee creators’ work, and does not offer refunds.
We’ll charge our fees before putting funds in your account. FundandImpact and its payment partners will subtract fees before transmitting the proceeds of a campaign.
Investment is a risk and by investing in any venture you pledge to take this risk as an investor.
We'll help resolve payment-card disputes. If a backer of your project disputes the charge with their card issuer, we'll handle re-presenting the charge to settle the dispute with the card issuer.
You’ll be notified that a dispute has been filed, and you’ll be able to provide evidence to help us resolve it in your favor. If the cardholder’s dispute is found valid, you authorize us to charge the credit card number you provided when you started your project for the amount of the chargeback.
Don’t count your chickens before they hatch. Don’t assume you’ll be able to launch your project when you want; there could be a reason we’re not able to accept it, or a problem that takes time to resolve. Don’t assume you’ll be able to immediately collect your funding; there may be a delay between the end of a successful campaign and your access to the funds.
FundandImpact does not become involved in disputes between users, or between users and any third party relating to the use of the Services. We don’t oversee the performance or punctuality of projects, and we don’t endorse any content users submit to the Site.
When you use the Services, you release FundandImpact from claims, damages, and demands of every kind — known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed — arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and the Services.
All content you access through the Services is at your own risk. You’re solely responsible for any resulting damage or loss to any party.
To create an account and launch a campaign on FundandImpact is free. However we collect 5% from donations and clients account and 7% from ventures excluding charges by our payment partners.
The User Intellectual Property: You own content you submit to us (your “Content”). But we do need certain licenses from you in order to perform our Services. When you submit a project for review, or launch a project, you agree to these terms:
We can use the content you’ve submitted. You grant to us, and others acting on our behalf, the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right to use, exercise, commercialize, and exploit the copyright, publicity, trademark, and database rights with respect to your Content.
When we use the content, we can make changes, like editing or translating it. You grant us the right to edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, delete, or translate any of your Content.
You won’t submit stuff you don’t hold the copyright for (unless you have permission). Your Content will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material, or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material (and to grant FundandImpact all the license rights outlined here).
Any royalties or licensing on your Content are your responsibility. You will pay all royalties and other amounts owed to any person or entity based on your Content, or on FundandImpact’s hosting of that Content.
You promise that if we use your Content, we’re not violating anyone’s rights or copyrights. If FundandImpact or its users exploit or make use of your submission in the ways contemplated in this agreement, you promise that this will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including (without limitation) any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
You’re responsible for the stuff you post. All information submitted to the Site, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom that content originated. We’re not responsible for mistakes in your content. we will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content.
The services offered by FundandImpact are all legal protected in so many ways. This range from copyrights, patents, trademarks and other legal laws and rights. You therefore agree hereby to respect all copyright and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any content accessed through the Site. You also agree not to change, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of the Service.
FundandImpact grants you a license to reproduce content from the Services for personal use only. (This license is worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sub-licensable, and non-transferable.)DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT You can at any time delete your FundandImpact account by going to your account settings and deleting it. Though we may have to retain some information and details as required by law.
Some information such as your campaign or project launched on the platform will not be automatically deleted from our platform.
FundandImpact reserves the rights to the following; We can change the terms and policies of our service at any time without without any notice We reserve the right to select which campaign and project should be launched and funded on FundandImpact. This has to abide to our eligibility criteria which can change at any time. We reserve the right to reject, suspend, remove or delete any campaign at any time These terms and policies will be update in August 17 th of August 2018
Protecting people’s information and providing meaningful privacy controls, terms and policies are at the core of everything we do.
1. As between you and our app, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the services and you are only granting our app and our affiliates the following non-exclusive licenses; A worldwide, transferable and sub-licensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish and process information and content that you provide through our services and partners, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others.
2. SERVICE AVAILABILITY; we may change or discontinue any of our services (Donation, Venture, Investor, Investing, Campaign listing etc.). We don’t promise to store or keep showing any information that you have posted, except that required by law and for the records.
3. OTHER CONTENT, SITES AND APPS; By using our app, you may encounter content or information that may be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, or offensive or otherwise. You agree that we are not responsible for others (including other members’) content or information. You also acknowledge the risk that you or your organization may be mistakenly associated with content about others when we let connections and followers know you or your organization were mentioned in the news. You may opt out of this feature.
4. We reserve the right to limit your use of the service including the number of your connections and your ability to contact other members. We reserve the right to restrict, suspend or terminate your account if we believe that you may be in breach of this law or are misusing the services (e.g. violating any DOs and DONTs).
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS; We reserve all our intellectual property rights in our services. Using the services does not give you any ownership in our services or the content or information made available through our services. Trademarks and logos used in connection with our services remain the trademark and logos of their respective owners.
7. WHO MAY USE THE SERVICES You may use the service only if you agree to form a binding contract with us and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the applicable jurisdiction. In any case you must be at least thirteen years old to use the services. If you are accepting these terms and using these services on behalf of a government, company, organization or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to do so. This includes the use of the following services. a. Donation; this service is for all those who want to raise funds in the form of “Donation”. This will apply to personal, organization, charity, and other causes that seek to receive donations for their projects. b. Venture; this is for a startup business venture, entrepreneurs, SMEs and other projects that need to raise funds in the form of “Equity Investments”, selling their shares to the public in a private sale of ownership. c. Investors; these are all those who are ready to invest their money in the form of investment to buy private securities of a particular project or venture of their choosing on our apps FundandImpact at www.fundandimpact.com , android apps, etc. d. Backers/Supporters; these are those who have “willingly” provided their billing information to support a cause or back a venture on FundandImpact.
9. REFUND POLICY supporting causes and projects and investing in ventures on FundandImpact comes with a risk which our team is working hard to ensure there be non. Working with people we have no right to their intentions more than you. Therefore; a. We will do a full refund on every Donation campaign should we discover anything about said campaign/project against our terms and policies b. We will have a 100% refund on your funds should the venture project either be cancelled, fraudulent or otherwise plus taxes. c. As with every investment, investing in a startup involves considerable risks including the possible loss of all or a significant portion of your investments. Thus be sure to explore every risk factor before investing in any venture. d. While we do our best to ensure that you are presented with feasible projects and content, as an investor you have to do your due diligence to take shoulder the investment risk as an investor. e. Every investor can cancel their investment right up to 72 hours before the end date of the campaign with a full refund plus taxes.
DISCLAIMER: FundandImpact serves only as a conduit between you and the projects you support and/ invest in and does not own or control those projects and ventures. Your relationship with the campaign owners once funded exclude FundandImpact from all risks and responsibilities involved after. We are not responsible for your dealings outside the terms and policies of our service or extra dealings with the project owner away from the confines of FundandImpact and its partners.
Welcome to FundAndImpact!. We are happy to have you reach out, invite the world and share the love.
FundAndImpact looks for easier ways to use available technologies to let you call the world to support you. “We are the world, we all share similar circumstances either by friends, families or loved ones, so let’s share the love.
FundAndImpact reserve the right to every to every account and fundraiser that launches a campaign on this platform. Though not exhaustive, below is a list of some of the practices NOT permitted on FundAndImpact. We reserve the right to investigate, analysis, and ask for proof of any campaign and to engage the federal, private and state investigators, and if necessary, alongside international enforcement bodies if need be against anyone who violates these
terms. We have the right to freeze your funds, delete contents, and terminate your campaign, and report you to authorities as the case may be.
To create a world of love, mutual respect, and trust, please respect our terms and policies as outlined below and try always to read the updates so as not to violate any of our policies for an effective mutual relationship.
- FundAndImpact takes the required steps to protect your personal data and that of your
DONORS from misuse, alteration, unauthorized access, or any other misconduct.
Though bear in mind that no internal or email service is fully secured, therefore we go
an extra mile as to delete some of your sensitive data and might only require it when
needed so as to ensure extra security.
document uploaded is accessed by FundAndImpact.
- You must have a FundAndImpact.com account to launch a fundraising campaign on this
website. In accepting to create an account YOU AGREE to provide FundAndImpact your legal and required information for creating a FundAndImpact.com account. These include your names, images, location and contact information.
- You are responsible for the entire content both text and digital that runs on your account and campaign. This means you are responsible for the content (Texts), videos, photographs, software, social media accounts, and comments to donors and any other activity to be carried out for the full operation of your account during and after your campaign.
- You will only use this platform for legal fundraising campaigns that stand out with the laws of your country. We do not support any of the following;
- Raise funds for illegal drugs, cocaine, narcotics, or any other goods that stands against government regulation in your country or a risk to consumers,
- Creating and launching a fundraising campaign that is fraudulent, misleading or copying some other person fundraising campaign.
- As of now we do not allow equity fundraising campaigns on FundAndImpact, or give away gifts campaign.
- No campaign to promote any hate, terrorism, racism, religious affiliation, sex trade, human trafficking, exploitations or violence of any kind.
- No pornography, graphic or sexual content
- No campaign launched to support or promote any criminal activity or violence of any kind
- No promotion of pirated services, or goods before the owner of the services
- Do not violate the privacies of the networks connected to this platform. You will respect the terms and policies, procedures that are implemented on these networks
- You will not mine information, emails, contacts of other members on this platform
- As a DONOR, to contribute or support a charity or campaign on FundAndImpact, you will have to provide us with the required information to reach your supporter. This will require you CREDIT CARD information, and or MOBILE MONEY, or any other supported payment method. By this you are authorizing FundAndImpact to bill your account based on your payment instruction and for your safety we ensure complete security for your accounts and so we terminate and we DONOT save your information on any of our systems.
- Third-Party Personal Data: The Services may also collect Personal Data relating to third parties stored in your email and mobile device address books, including, without limitation, names, email addresses, and phone numbers (collectively, “Third-Party
Personal Data”). The Services may request your permission to access such Third-Party Personal Data.
- We will use your personal data for both the provided reason it was required or to resolve some issues when need be, and will also use this data to grant you access to certain services
- We might need to pass you information on our upgrades, services we believe you might be interested in, data analysis, etc.
- We consider you and your information so vital to us, therefore we do not sell or allow any outside party to access your information except the supported services present which you need.We will also collect your cookies to aid us better serve
- This will allow us target and market your campaign and place you in a market segment.
- We will also use it for performance and analytic checks of FundAndImpact
- When required by law, FundAndImpact might grant access to your data to legal authorities for us to;
- Comply with the law,
- Any doubts should you violate the terms of this platform
- Attempt to hack, or carryout any illegal campaigns
- To protect the rights and property of FundAndImpact.
- During funds transfer and withdrawals, you must ensure you are resident in any of our supporting countries or have a partner account where your funds can be withdrawn from.
- During withdrawal ensure to provide accurate information as required since FundAndImpact will not be responsible for any delays or additional time needed to withdraw your funds.
- Only the account holder/organizer or (partner/beneficiary) is allowed to access and withdraw funds from campaign account.
- From creating to launching a FundAndImpact campaign is free with no upfront payment needed, meaning we do not charge upfront for a campaign. A percentage is retained from donated funds and any processing fee to the campaign holder.
- We can place a hold on an account pending verification or processing irregularities.
- We hold or freeze any funds transfer if the holder violates our terms and polices during the campaign process.
- Should an account holder wants to transfer funds to another account or person, some verifications might be done which will take a little longer.
- Should we upon verification discover that the campaign was fraudulent or misleading we will put a hold and contact authorities if need be for investigation and verification before your funds be transferred to you or sent back to your donors.
- By willingly providing us with the data and information needed to operate an account with FundAndImpact, we will protect sensitive information as handed to us. The data provided are to serve you and aid FundAndImpact to serve you well.
- Users and donors will have access to your names and other basic information needed to know and support you
- Your provided location (City, state, or country) might be used by users or upon search by donors to reach you from a public search.
- Information my be taken from you which are not personal for further identification such as you permitting us to identify your browser, mobile device, device location and operating system.
- For you to reach a bigger audience entails us to link you directly to your social media accounts. We might require you to access your account directly from FundAndImpact or to grant us access so as to permit you enjoy our service more. The linked social media are Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
“We are updating our Policy as of August 17 th , 2018”.Here are some of the changes you’ll see:
- We’ve updated the Policy to reflect changes in data privacy laws.
- Here you will fine details about your ability to manage the information you share with FundandImpact.
This section of our terms and polices of FundandImpact is restricted to three set of people using our site www.fundandimpact.com as a conduit to carryout the various services offered.
FundandImpact is a subsidiary registered as a Limited Liability Company with business number LBE/2017/B/0174 with a share capital of 3,100,000 FCFA. FundandImpact is registered as an internet business, Crowdfunding and investment company and also acting as a business and financial advisor. FundandImpact will serve as a business and financial advisor to its clients depending on the campaign type and service chosen by its users at any point. FundandImpact limited together with (Zion Capital and Zion Investments LLC, its Parent company, consultants, directors and employees) are an online Crowdfunding and investment solution that helps people with innovative and life transforming ideas, solutions, projects and tech innovations bring their projects to life. We are a public benefit corporation with our office in Buea offering as main services, Funding and Business development.
FundandImpact is a hybrid internet Crowdfunding and Fundraising platform that crowd source funds and investment from the general public to support and invest in personal projects and in ventures and SMEs across Africa.We provide a platform and a channel that allows project owners to be discovered, sponsored and invested in by backers and investors looking for same opportunity. With FundandImpact at www.fundandimpact.com, we bring ideas, projects and businesses to life.
Depending on your use of our different Services, in order to use any of them on FundandImpact, you need to create an account and thus provide us with certain information which is required of you. Below is a list of these information
The information you will provide when creating your account:- Full names, email address, password credentials, postal address, phone number, and country of residence an city. These will be required when signing up to becoming a user of our services in any form as required by the platform www.fundandimpact.com;
The information required when launching a campaign be it for Donation or Venture:- legal names, business name, business registration/Tax ID number and location, birth information and industry of operation;
Communications forwarded to us such as:- when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem);
Information such as your comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users; For payment processing, FundandImpact partners with other companies (such as DusuPay, Monetbil and Stripe) and the payment information you submit is collected and used by them in accordance with their privacy policies. WE DONOT STORE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION apart from the last four digits of your credit card or bank account (as applicable), expiration date, and country, which we require for tax, government regulatory, and security purposes;
We will collect information from your device including use of our mobile apps (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the Site);
FundandImpact will also request permission to access your name, profile picture, and friend list (these permissions are governed by Facebook’s privacy policies and can be managed through your Facebook privacy settings). We never post anything to your Facebook, Twitter, or other third-party accounts without your permission. Providing us with the above information guarantees you full access to our services. HOWEVER, you are by your right not obligated to provide this information to this point you will be just a visitor and can subscribe to our news letter with just your email.
To keep your account secure and protect our Services (including to verify the identities of creators and prevent fraud and abuse);
To enable us to provide you with our Services, and to improve and promote our Services;
To create and administer your account, contact you, and customize your experience on our platform FundandImpact (for example, to show you projects that we think may interest you based on your previous use); and To track and analyze use of the Services so that we can improve on how to give you a better experience.
1. Information shared publicly
Once your account is created on FundandImpact, a profile page is immediately created for you on our platform including your using name, list of projects you have launched, and a dashboard to track your activity. This account is private by default but you can change the default to public in your settings area. Once your account tis public, other users will see the following;
- The account username you select, and the date the account was created;
- Any information you choose to add to your profile (like a picture, bio, or your location);
- Projects you’ve backed (but not pledge amounts or rewards chosen);
- Projects you’ve created;
- Comments you’ve posted on projects on FundandImpact.
2. Information not shared publicly
The following data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users:
- Any payment information you provide
- Your password details;
- Your IP address;
- Your phone number;
- Your date of birth and other identity verification documentation (for creators);
When we share your data with third-party services such as our partners, payment services to advertise your campaign with support to the delivery of FundandImpact Services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do.
4. Information share amongst campaign owners/backers
When you support or invest in a project, the project’s creator will know your basic information such as your username, location, the amount you have pledged, and the number of shares chosen. Creators never receive backers’ payment information. If a project you have invested in is successfully funded, the creator will receive the email address associated with your account. They may also send you a survey requesting information needed to provide your ROI. (For instance, they may need your mailing address, account number, etc.) Any information you provide in such surveys will bereceived by the creator.
Creators are required to keep backer information confidential, except as strictly necessary to communicate with backers directly and fulfill rewards. Creators should not ask for personal information that isn’t necessary to provide your reward, and should never request sensitive personal information such as your Social Security number or payment information Collaborators are third parties that creators can appoint to help manage their project.
These collaborators may be able to access the information available to creators (including backers’ names, email addresses, pledge amounts, reward selections,messages, and survey responses), and are required to treat backers’ personal information with the same care and respect as creators are.
5. Information that’s shared to protect FundandImpact’s and comply with the law We reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect FundandImpact’s legal rights, property, or the safety of FundandImpact, its employees, users, or others.
6. Links o other websites
Our Site may include links to other websites and applications or services whose privacy practices may differ from ours, therefore the site where you share the link governs the information shared as per their policy and terms.
We will retain your information as long as your account is active, as necessary to provide you with the Services or as otherwise set forth in this Policy. We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect the legal rights of FundandImpact.
You will receive notifications in your email address provided to FundandImpact when you signed up or via mobile SMS. Our communication with you will be set at a minimal so as not to overwhelm you and to only provide you with important notifications.
We take security seriously, and the security of your personal data is important to us. We follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and maintain, including using Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt information as it travels over the internet. No method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, FundandImpact cannot guarantee its absolute security. Your account information is protected by a password, which you should choose carefully and keep secure.